ART CONTEST INFORMATION
ART CONTEST RULES
Johnson County is offering an Art Contest in association with National Association of Counties (NACo) as a celebration of National County Government Month. The contest will feature artwork entitled “I love my county because….”. Top three winners will be selected from each age group(K-5th, 6th-12th), and submitted to NACo for the National Contest for the 2023 “Counties Matter” calendar.
Local winners will be displayed at the Johnson County Courthouse and will be honored at a meeting of the Quorum Court. National winning artwork will be featured in a NACo calendar, which will be distributed to NACo members nationwide. Winners will also be announced in NACo’s flagship publication, County News, and their artwork will be displayed at NACo’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
All submissions are to be made to the Johnson County Judges office no later than end of the day April 1, 2022.
· Only students living in the United States, who are 18 years of age and younger in grades K through 12 during the 2021–2022 academic year are eligible.
· Each submission must be original artwork created in the current school year by one student.
· Submitted artwork must present a county activity that shows how “Counties Matter” and inspired by the sentence “I love my county because…”
· The artwork must be horizontal 11” x 8.5”. The most important elements must not extend beyond 10.5 x 8 to account for trimming.
· The artwork must reflect some aspect of a county government function, service or program, to celebrate National County Government Month.
· Technical skill: The artwork must display artistic skill in painting, drawing or digital art.
· Creativity: The artwork must be original in its expression of a personal vision or voice. It must be the student's own work and cannot be plagiarized or in violation of any copyright.
· Artist’s statement: Along with the artwork, each student is required to submit a statement that explains how “Counties Matter” in their community or complete the sentence “I love my county because…”
· Each entry must include the artist’s name, grade, school, county and contact information (for the student, a parent or guardian’s email address and phone number) and a teacher (email address and phone numbers)