The Johnson County Courthouse will reopen to the public on Monday June 1, 2020. The entrance will only be through the front door.
Please practice social distancing, you are encouraged to wear a mask. Masks will be available.
There will be a limited number of people allowed in the building at any given time.
The opening is subject to change based on the COVID-19.
You will be greeted at the door by a Security Officer, supervised by the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to take your temperature and to ask you a few basic health screening questions. We are working to make the Johnson County Courthouse a secure and safe place to do business.
Johnson County Judge
BURN BAN INFORMATION
BEFORE YOU BURN CONTACT THE JOHNSON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE 754-2200 FOR BURN BAN INFORMATION
JOHNSON COUNTY STORM SHELTER OR SAFE ROOM INFORMATION
JOHNSON COUNTY JUDGE HERMAN HOUSTON ANNOUNCES THERE ARE FOUR (4) STORM SHELTERS OR SAFE ROOMS AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC IF A TORNADO WARNING OCCURS.
THESE SHELTERS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE PUBLIC WHEN SCHOOL IS NOT IN SESSION. THE DOORS TO THE STORM SHELTER OR SAFE ROOMS WILL
OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN SIRENS ARE SOUNDED. IF THE PUBLIC BRINGS ANY FAMILY PETS THEY MUST BE IN A PET CARRIER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A SERVICE DOG.
1. STORM SHELTER OR SAFE ROOM IS LOCATED BETWEEN THE CLARKSVILLE JR.HIGH AND CLARKSVILLE KRAUS MIDDLE SCHOOL ON CLARK ROAD.
2. STORM SHELTER OR SAFE ROOM IS LOCATED BEHIND THE CLARKSVILLE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON CLARK ROAD.
3. LAMAR HIGH SCHOOL SAFE ROOM IS ATTACHED TO THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING AT THE CORNER OF ELBERTA AND CHAMBERLIN STREETS IN LAMAR.
4. WESTSIDE HIGH SCHOOL SAFE ROOM IS LOCATED ON RABBIT HILL ROAD BEHIND THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE AND HIGH SCHOOL. LIGHTS WILL BE ON WHEN DOORS OPEN.
THE DOORS ONLY UNLOCK FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHEN THE SIRENS ARE SOUNDED.
THE BASEMENT OF THE JOHNSON COUNTY COURTHOUSE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SHELTER DURING THE STORMS.
Note from the Assessor
You as a citizen of Johnson County have a responsibility to the Assessor’s Office.
1. To inform the assessor of any address changes
2. If you sell any of your property on contract please be sure the Assessor’s office is given a copy of the contract.
COUNTY OFFICE PHONE NUMBERS LISTED IN THE DIRECTORY
YOU CAN FIND ALL COUNTY OFFICE PHONE NUMBERS LISTED IN THE DIRECTORY